Benefits of having po box and procedures to apply for the po box
Getting a P.O. Box is easy and simple procedure. United States Postal Service (USPS) now offers to sign up online for P.O. box. You just need to reserve over internet and pay online via credit card. What is P.O. Box? It is a premium service offered for a cost by USPS. This service is for anyone who requires more than free home delivery or general delivery. PO boxes are usually located in the lobby area of your local post office. They are usually accessed by lock and key. On some older Post offices may use combination locks. The cost of PO box service is provided in 3-month long period. After 3 months, and automatic recurring payment by credit card. You can also choose 6-month period (semi-annual) or 12-month (annual). If you are moving and want to know to whom to notify for the address change.
First to consider is the PO Box location and size. This is the primary consideration when renting a PO Box. All postal boxes are in the premise of the postal office. Most prefer their PO box near their home or work for convenience. You can also get PO box in another state. United Postal Postal service (USPS) has 5 sizes of PO boxes. However, not all post offices have every size. The sizes that Post office offers are;
• X Small size 1 - 3" x 5.5" - This size can fit 10-15 letter-sized envelopes or up to 2 rolled magazines.
• Small size 2 - 5" x 5.5" - This size can accommodate 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled magazines.
• Medium size 3 - 11" x 5.5" - This size is wide enough that can hold large envelopes and magazines can be stacked flat.
• Large size 4 - 11" x 11" - This can fit 2 shoeboxes inside this PO Box, and a room for 10-15 letters.
• X Large size 5 - 22.5" x 12" - This is the largest size, best for Flat Rate Boxes and parcels.
The right size of your PO Box depends on how much mail you get and what type of mail you receive, and how frequent you pick up your mail. Based on statistics, a typical mailbox receives less than 6 pieces of mail per week.
What are the benefits of having a PO box.
• You can have your mail when and where you want it.
• You can choose the location that’s convenient for you.
• PO boxes are renewable. Either by online, at self-service kiosk, by mail with check or money order, or you can visit your local Post office.
• Mail arrives faster at PO box than of residential or business address.
• You can filter the mails and packages for selected contacts and transactions to your PO box.
• PO boxes are good for business expansion to other cities.
To find PO box online:
1.Visit the site https://www.usps.com/manage/po-boxes.htm.
2.Put in your valid street address, city, and state or a Zip code to search for PO box at a location near you.
3.Click ‘Search’ and select a Post Office location from the list or map, and then a box size and payment period you opted for. The search results details include: parking availability, Lobby hours (when you can access your PO Box), Business hours or 24 hour locations, street address of the Post Office and Pricing, fees, and available box sizes at each Post Office.
How to get a PO box. You can do this online or you can visit the local post office.
To apply PO Box online:
• To get a PO Box online, click this webpage https://www.usps.com/manage/po-boxes.htm.
• By selecting a location and a mailbox size you can reserve a mailbox.
• Bring two form of ID and Form 1583 with you to the post office where your postal box is located.
• Get the keys for your PO Box.
To apply at your local post office:
• Bring two valid IDs with you.
• Go to the post office where you want your PO Box located.
• Get Form 1583 (PO Box rental form) at the counter. Fill it out.
• Turn it in at the counter and get your keys to your PO Box.
To get technical help or assistance, you can visit the website USPS.com., visit the Customer Service at Help tab of USPS website. Or you can email their internet Customer Care center at email us tab.
The tips for applying the po box. The benefits which we gain due to the PO box. Cost of PO box all the details are explained in this article. If you are moving or going on vacation. If you have completed the procedure of the address change and if you want to get details about the PO box. There is also an online procedure which helps you to apply for the PO box. This article will act as a ray of light those who have questions, how to get PO box and what is the procedure to apply it. So that’s it for today.